RE: High RPMs bad?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: High RPMs bad?
From: "Gordon Bird" <gobird@vbe.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:40:26 -0500
I took my 'A' on a 400 mi TSD rally a couple of weekends ago in very hilly
SE Ohio and ran it pretty hard the whole day.  Next morning (the first cold
night it has spent outside) it started up faster than ever.  Drove the 200
mi home between 70 and 80 and she just purred the whole way.  MG's do love
to be driven.

Gordie Bird
62 MGA
86 4kcsq (if ya gotta ask, you're not it the club)

**>I run my engine near redline all the time, I have driven it from Co to Oh
**>a couple of times at no less than 4500 rpm for 20 hours straight, I love
**>it and my car loves it, but I do beleive that it wears bearings out
**>faster.  I don't think that it does any real damage, just wears out the
**>consumable engine bits faster.  The biggest advantages of an O/D
**>are about
**>5 mpg better mileage and less noise, but less noise isn't always
**>desireable.
**>
**>James Nazarian
**>'71 B roadster