Re: High RPMs Bad?

To: Gordon Bird <gobird@vbe.com>
Subject: Re: High RPMs Bad?
From: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:42:25 -0500
I'd be curious to hear from some of the more knowledgable posters
regarding this subject.  I would have assumed the redline would have
more to do with valve float, piston centrifugal forces, crank whip, etc.
than with cooling capacity.  I wouldn't think the cooling would be able
to keep up with any engine running at redline continuously. ie, the
cooling system would rely on the thermal inertia of the engine to keep
temps down during occasional ventures into the high RPM's.

Matt