Re: MG Decision to make

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Decision to make
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:55:37 EST
In a message dated 11/23/99 11:32:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, efg2@home.com
writes:

<< Second is the fact that the Midget is a 77, built during the twilight
 years of MG, with big rubber bumpers increased ride height, reduced HP >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hold on thar!  Yes, '77 was the twilight of MG.  Yes, the RB Midget has
slightly increased ride height, BUT the Midget looks MUCH better in rubber
bumpers than a RBB.  Lastly, the 1500 Midget has more HP than previous
Midgets, even the 1275 engine.  Granted, the 1275 is a crisper running engine
and lends itself to better performance modifications, but as a stock engine,
the 1500 is quite acceptable, and it is listed as the first Midget in the
series capable of besting 100MPH in stock trim.

I stand by my other message.  A Midget is much more fun to drive in the
summer with the top down than ANY BGT, even with the sunroof open.

C'mon Midget owners!  Speak up!  Larry, where are you?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport