Re: MGB GT - what a wasted trip I made !!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB GT - what a wasted trip I made !!!!
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 01:28:33 -0400
Bob,

Your last statement is the key.  In the meantime, regard all wild goose
chases as just that.  They may be an aggravation, but think of the great
stories they provide - they enrichen your life!  Think of the fun we've all
had bantering this around the list!  It's part of the fun, really - if for
nothing else, just to observe this perversity in human nature.  Go...
expect junk... but go anyway.  Plan it so you get some fun driving in.
There are a few decent people out there trying to sell something worth
having - and as you say, if you're patient (and try to enjoy the journeys
for other reasons), sooner or later you will find it.  I haven't found my
Magnette either! (And I recently found out that the "dream" car I thought I
missed may have had a hint of "nightmare" in it!)

Good luck!

Allen

>From: BOB HILL <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
>
>I still like the reply someone sent to me
>
>"It is rust free!" which in actuality means "the rust is free - you are
>only paying for the rest of the car!"
>
>I knwo we have all had these type of journeys and this is not my first by
>any means and I am sure it won't be the last...
>
>Anyway, there is a GT out there somewehre for me and I will jsut be
>patient until I find it
>
>Bob

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs