Re: Best source for MGA/B 6 V. batteries?/ 12v

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best source for MGA/B 6 V. batteries?/ 12v
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 14:41:12 -0800
I don't think you get any noticeable "improvement" except when the time
comes to replace the battery and you save money. Also, I suppose, you
have only half as many battery posts to keep clean.  A modern 12 volt
battery would probably have more cranking amps than the 6 volt
combination, but that wouldn't necessarily be noticeable on a day-to-day
basis. Of course, there is also the weight savings. All in all, it is
mainly a matter of convenience, not so much superior performance.

Jouke Bloem had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149