Re: Best source for MGA/B 6 V. batteries?/ 12v

To: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Subject: Re: Best source for MGA/B 6 V. batteries?/ 12v
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 11:25:37 -0600
  Brrrr, too cold for this southern boy! ;^)

  When I was in Alaska (Ft. Greeley) one winter, below-zero temps were
common.  However all the cars had a battery blanket and a block heater.
The battery blankes ran off the battery, the block heaters were AC and
people plugged them in to an outlet with a timer on it if the car had to
be outside. If you had to go to work at 7:30 AM you set the timer for
5:30 or so to warm up the block, etc.

  I seem to remember that those "old technology" 6 volt batteries didn't
have much greater capacity than the 12 volt batteries we have today.
Anyone remember?

  CR