Re: Original MGB costs through the years...?

To: barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: Re: Original MGB costs through the years...?
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:36:33 EST
I went through my MG file and found my original invoice from Clarke Sales Co,
a BLM dealer (and Toyota) in Havelock, NC dated SEpt 17, 71.:

new 1971 MG B  GT  Coupe  $3773.00   delivered price plus 2% sales tax

serial #, commission #, motor #, and key # are also shown and all match the
car I drive to this day.

Based on inflation the $3773 is probably around $18 grand today.  But what
compicates the math is the exchange rate variable from pounds to bucks.

Mel Frank
1971 mgb gt