Re: Original MGB costs through the years...?

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: Original MGB costs through the years...?
From: Bob Hill <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:04:12 -0600 (EST)
Well I do have a question about your statement that the Jaguars are
"boulevardiares".  Not sure what you are saying here but assume you mean
while they are nice and "cushiony" in ride that they are not that
enjoyable to drive.  Well I drive a 97 Jaguar XJ-R.  It is, IMHO, one of
the most enjoyable cars I have ever had the pleasure to drive or won.  It
has a tremendous ride but you shoudl see the looks on the young guy's
driving the Mustang GT when the family mobile leaves them at a traffic
light.  The  car has 370 HP and although a somewhat heavy car, it is an
awesome performing sedan.  HOWEVER, I must admit, the MG is driven more
(mainly becasue I have to keep the Jaguar until my kids graduate from
college ;- )  ) and can't be putting a tremendous amount of miles on it.

Now if I could figure out how to get a Jaguar XK8 without my wife finding
out ;- )

Bob

79 MGB
77 MG Midget