Re: Clutch Job 2000

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Job 2000
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:51:14 -0800
Skye,

The list looks good except that I'd stay away from the heavy duty clutch
parts. The stock ones are more than adequate unless you are making over 130
hp from your engine.

I fitted a HD pressure plate in my BGT and I cannot wait to get it out of
there! It really is tiresome to have to fight the extra spring pressure when
driving in heavy traffic. My 77 roadster makes as much power as my souped-up
69 BGT and I have never been able to make the clutch slip even under, shall
we say, spirited driving. The 77 has the stock clutch in it.

Apart from anything else, the stock parts come as a 3-part kit (under Moss
No. 190-808) and I,  like other Moss Distributors, can sell that kit for
$95.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center