Re: Clutch Job 2000

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Job 2000
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 21:30:51 -0500
Bill,

    The other significant '4' is the number of cycles in an operation, viz.,
Intake, Compression, Power and Exhaust.  The throws of the crankshaft are
aligned
so that one cylinder is at each of these cycles at any given time.  Think of the
firing order, 1342, you'll see that the crank throws are paired so that pistons
1
and 4 are in the same relative position, e.g., both at the top, and pistons 2
and
3 are likewise paired. So there are really only two natural stopping points ---
180 degrees apart.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB