Re: Midgets and Sprites

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midgets and Sprites
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 16:41:22 -0800
>The later 1500cc engine has a little more HP
>(in original spec.) but the A series engine is preferred because it seems to
>be a tighter or crisper engine.

Not only that, but the (originally Triumph) 1500 has only 2 main bearings
and no cam bearings (hard to believe, eh? what were they thinking?), so
is not at all recommended for serious tweaking. Cheaper to rebuild,
though, one would think... (which is good, as it probably requires it
frequently -- at least the only one I know personally did).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149