Re: Midgets and Sprites

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midgets and Sprites
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 14:31:10 +0000
Gregg said wrote:

>My question is what may one expect if he rebuilds an A series engine
>using a little hotter cam, some carbs, head job, balanced and etc.
>Does the little engine perform as a stock MGB?  Can it do better?
>I thank you for the time responding.

OK, the lousily clipped quote above referred to a bugeye sprite!

I reckon the fastest thing in our realm that I have seen on the track
recently would have to be a rotary (Mazda) bugeye (there is a Sydney
list member who knows of another one:-)  He lost it spectacularly around
one slight bend when (he must have been in third gear) he put the foot
down and lit up the rear wheels sending himself into a 360 spin.

Yes, he collected it out of the spin... carrying on barely losing any
momentum (only to throw it off the track at the next hairpin).

It was a VERY fast little machine.

Beat a 'B?  It was thrashing our club V8 TC 'Special' - which doesn't
happen often - but then again, this was no normal Sprite!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
(first race of the new season... March 19th!)