Re: 4 cars for a perfect garage

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4 cars for a perfect garage
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:45:42 -0800
>> > The challenge:  What 4 cars make up your "Perfect" garage?  LBC content
>> > required.  No more than 4 cars allowed.  (C'mon...it's a slow day on the
>> > 'net!)

Well, if it's limited to 4 cars it's not "perfect", is it? <g>

I was pondering this while driving my B today... let's see...

I was going to say a Ferrari 275GTB/4, but someone beat me to it. A
favorite since I was a kid; I once saw one parked in a gravel lot near
some houseboats on Lake Union in Seattle, and I just about drooled all
over it. Mine would have been Rosso, but I guess I'll go for a Berlinetta
Lusso in any dark metallic color (to bring out the curves).

For those historic rallies and tours, I might need one of W. O.'s
Bentleys from the Le Mans era -- a 3- or a 4 1/2-liter. God knows what
it's like to drive, but you've got to like its chances of finishing.

As a cruiser (ha!), I thought a letter-series Chrysler 300, 1955-60.
Can't quite make up my mind which one, though. Clean early styling, or
massive fins? Small Hemi, or big (I mean BIG) wedge? Love that Virgil
Exner "Forward Look"...

Then I broke down completely trying to settle on a 4th. An E-Type Jag Mk.
1 roadster? Hard to argue with... A prewar Delahaye with Figoni &
Falaschi coachwork? A Bugatti Type 57? Why not a Royale? Why not a
Duesenberg SJ boattail speedster? Hmm, getting pretty ridiculous... A
Goggomobil TS 400 coupe? (now THAT'S ridiculous)...

Well, I'm not the type who goes through a lot of cars, buying and
selling. Maybe I'd settle for my MGB (call me a sentimentalist), but it
would have to be *perfect*... for about ten minutes, before I started
driving it again, and started accumulating rock chips, and grease spots,
and mysterious electrical malfunctions. Hey, I wouldn't know what to do
with my weekends, otherwise...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149