Re: Consumer Reports was Re: Corvairs and Ralph Nader

To: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Consumer Reports was Re: Corvairs and Ralph Nader
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:56:35 -0500
Several days ago, I made reference to a PBS Nova segment that discussed the
Corvair /
Nader issue. One reason I said Nader et al were unscientific and unprofessional
had
everything to do with your eloquent dissertation below. The film that Nova
showed of the
Corvair rollover was of a car traveling at a high rate of speed, that entered
the
photographic field on the right, steering turned to left lock, dust, dirt and
gravel
flying everywhere. That car may have started out on pavement, but it was not on
pavement
when the rollover commenced. Maybe it did slide into a buried obstruction. I am
of the
opinion that the tests his team conducted were set up very carefully

One thing about Ralph Nader that is certain: he was not stupid or naive.

Jim