Wire wheel spokes!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheel spokes!
From: Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27LG/LGQPT <Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:01:37 -0700
Just to let those who helped me with the frozen wire wheel spokes I had no
luck with any of those suggestions.  I guess after 34 years they have rusted
into one solid piece.  I now have 4 broken spokes, good thing I tried this
on a spare rim that was bad anyway.(spline is stripped)I didn't try heating
it up and cooling them rapidly though for this would have changed the temper
of the metal and made the spokes brittle (like it would have mattered the
way they were breaking!) Guess I'll have to invest in 4 new rims
thanks

Andy 66B