Re: early B's and air vents in the dash?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: early B's and air vents in the dash?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 19:12:05 -0800
I'm sure you realize that the fresh air vent in a '66 is the large flap
behind the radio speaker console at the center bottom of the
behind-the-dash area. So... how would you go about routing air from that
opening to the radio opening? The only thing I could think of would be to
cut a hole in the door for a flexible duct or a pair of ducts running up
behind the console to your new air vent (assuming it fits -- I don't know
that it does).

I am a little dubious about this endeavour, in that possibly Abingdon
knew what it was doing when it routed fresh air into the footwell (which
can get quite hot) rather than into your face (which gets plenty, thank
you).

But then, I don't know where the later cars get their fresh air. Maybe
(for once) Abingdon had a better idea on the second go-round.

Pearson, Tim had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149