Re: Carbs and radiator

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: Carbs and radiator
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 11:05:38 -0800
On the carbs question I, for one, removed my Weber, installed rebuilt SU HS4's,
and the car runs FAR better than it did with the Weber downdraft.  Now, I'll
grant you, this was on my 1967 MGB - not a Midget - but I'd guess the results
would be similar.  YMMV......

The problem with the Weber was that it's built for high-end power.  I do most
of my driving around town, so I like the low RPM smoothness.  I didn't notice
any loss of power when converting back, just a gain in the lower RPM's

The best part?  I got $227.50 for the old, used Weber carb on E-bay!  That
helped me fund some of my other car projects!

- Tony W
67 MGB -running smooth with original, SU HS4 carbs!