RE: Carbs and radiator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carbs and radiator
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:04:19 -0500
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> I think you'll hear from others on this point.  Actually
> water is the best
> coolant.  It transfers heat better than a water/antifreeze
> mix.

> Allen Hefner
> SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
> '77 Midget
> '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

Guess I'll pipe in with a personal experience.  I experienced overheating in
an 86 Audi 4000 I bought (used in 98) and upon investigation noticed only
water in the radiator.  After draining and refilling with a 50/50 mix I had
no more overheating.  I believe one of the reasons antifreeze helps is
because it raises the boiling point of the mixture.  Adding water wetter
helps even more.
Just MO, YMMV.
Gordie Bird
62 MGA