Re: Battery cut-of switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery cut-of switch
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:43:45 EST
Any EE wil tell you that convention is to switch the hot not the ground or
neutral.  Yes, I know that Lucas has been guilty of switching ground in some
cases but "that don't make it right".
When disconnecting a battery with a wrench it is best to remove the ground
first so as to avoid the possibility of shorting the hot to ground with the
tool.  I have seen someone get seriously burned that way.  I think this is
the information which causes the two schools of thought on this.
I always prefer to follow conventional procedure wherever possible.

George