Re: Battery cut-of switch

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery cut-of switch
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:34:20 -0800
Hmmmm... by that logic, you would always disconnect the "hot" battery
cable when working on your engine. Tried that once (wasn't thinking
clearly), and my wrench touched the rim of the battery well while I was
loosening the nut. Needless to say, I won't do that again.

As for your argument, either way cuts the circuit. The idea, however, is
not to have the frame of the vehicle connected to the battery, as the
frame is a much bigger "target" for generating shorts, compared to the
starter/ignition leads (see example above).

James Nazarian Jr had this to say:

--

Max Heim