Re: Battery cut-of switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery cut-of switch
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:48:54 -0500
Seems Ken and Max Heim Ken and Jim Nazarian all pointed out my error. Radio
presets in an all electronic new model will be lost with a cut-off switch
on either side of the battery.

Next problem.

Bill

At 12:46 PM 02/09/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>It seems I may have started something by asking which leg to put the switch
>in.  There have been numerous responses saying to put it in one leg or the
>other, but I haven't seen anything explaining why one is better that the
>other.  It seems to me that whichever leg you put the switch in, when you
>turn it off, it will isolate the battery completely.  If you have a radio
>with presets, you will loose them when you turn the switch off, just like
>disconnecting the battery.  The way to avoid this is to wire your radio
>directly to the battery (with an in-line fuse of course).  Just remember to
>turn your radio off when you turn the car off or your drain the battery.  I
>work with a couple electrical engineers, I'll ask their opinion.
>
>Ken Waringa

Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                      Vocal phone   (609) 225-6336
Department of Biology             FAX  (609) 225-6312
Science Building                  email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html