Re: Removing the motor - MGA

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: Re: Removing the motor - MGA
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:09:36 -0500
Hi Neil,

I have installed and removed many MGA engines, together with or separated from
the gearbox, but I have never had to remove the seats, carpets and floor boards
to carry out the power plant / drivetrain removal. Even a diagnosis or a full
rebuild of the drive train is best done out of the car. I wouldn't like to work
squatting down and all hunched over for ours on end. Also, if the floorboards
are solid (not rotten) why replace them with an expensive new floor? Just
re-treat the old floor with spar varnish or polyurethane. Floor boards seldom
come out in one piece after a few years or decades in the car.

Jim