Re: FW: Those of you with cars please Read this.

To: Robert Butterfield <CatManDu@austin.rr.com>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Those of you with cars please Read this.
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 05:53:00 -0800 (PST)
All,

There isn't any reason for this. The rising prices could be stopped and
lowered if the illustrious Bill Clinton would get off his A*S and open the
oil reserves. The US has the ability to produce enough oil to sustain
itself. Prices were high during the Gulf War but were never this
high...why...because George Bush had enough sense to open the oil reserves.
The reserves are just as it sounds...large quantities of stored fuel.

The best thing we can do is email the White House, call your
representative's office on Capitol Hill, or email your representative.

This is suppose to be a country where the government is for the people by
the people. We need to voice our opinion and concerns. Don't expect
something to get done unless you’re willing to help out...and don't complain
to those around you unless you've done your part.

Lastly, a gas out doesn't hurt OPEC! People...we are talking about 1 day!
Ok...so you don't buy gas on 1 day, you end up buying it the next so you can
get from point A to point B. How does that effect OPEC!? IT DOESN'T...Hell,
it doesn't really effect the gas station owner...besides...we aren't trying
to hurt him nor should we.

To hell with the "Gas Out" Call your Congressman...Tell them you won't vote
for them again if something doesn't get done...hell, tell them that even if
you didn't vote for them the first time! :o)

Enough from me...
I apologize for taking so much bandwidth but get real people...do something
that will make a difference, don't criticize the batter unless you're
willing to step up to the plate!

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 07:23:16 -0600, Robert Butterfield wrote:

>  Gas prices have headed for the moon!!!  In Austin, TX I have been paying
>  $1.30 US for a gallon of gas for about 2 years.  Last night I filled up
and
>  it was $1.67.  I could not belive it.  The following e-mail was forwared
>  me by a friend and I thought I would share it with you good folks on the
MGS
>  list.  I will be participating in the boycott.  I firmly belive that you
>  should make your own dession about this boycott.
>
>  Please don't flame me because of this e-mail.  If you don't like the
topic,
>  just delete it.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Robert Butterfield