Re: [TopSecret upgrades from rice burners-nonlbc]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TopSecret upgrades from rice burners-nonlbc]
From: Matthew Trebelhorn <matttrebelhorn@netscape.net>
Date: 9 Mar 00 08:54:02 EST
James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU> wrote:
> I got this the other day from a friend on a VW list.  Check out the
> CoffeeCan upgrade at the top of the page.
>
> > >          http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/
>
> James Nazarian
> '71 B roadster
> '71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
> '74 BGT going by-by soon
> '63 Buick 215

That must be where the guy in front of me on the way home from work last night
got his "tuning secrets."

I was looking forward to a nice drive home, 65 or 70 degrees at 8:30pm
(12 hour day) and about 20 miles of twisty little road between the office and
the house, top down in my 'B.  About three miles in, a car pulls out of a side
road -- a recent honda with BIG wheels and serious looking rubber, lowered
suspension and a coffee can exhaust.

His license plate said "RACER".

I thought we'd have a spirited little drive through the woods, but at every
turn, he braked to soccer-mom speeds (in turns I usually take without
lifting), then accelerated away slowly with black smoke coming from the coffee
can.

I didn't get a fast trip home, but I did get an entertaining drive.  By the
time I pulled up beside him at the stoplight (17 miles later) where I turn to
go home, I was laughing so hard I thought I'd die.

Safety Fast,
M.

(I'm not completely anti-rice; one friend has a nice Integra, and another has
a pretty fast Eclipse, I used to Autocross with a guy whose Type R Integra was
a real terror.  This is just a story about one bad-ass "RACER".)