Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:14:04 +0610
Bill Saidel wrote:

> I saw the MGF in Sydney on my trip there last Spring and I was not
> overly impressed. It did not look all that different from others,
> and just because it is being sold, Neil, doesn't mean it will be
> producing the cadre of MG owners such as the do-it-yourselfers of
> this list.

On the point of continuing traditions... the MG Car Club of South
Australia (the second largest car club in this State) has created an MGF
Register to cater for the needs of this growing band.  They are joining
the Club and joining in with Club events and are actively contributing
to the continuing legacy of the marque in our region.

We even featured an 'F on the cover of the first "MG Motoring" Club
Magazine of the year/century/almost-millenium.

What a wonderful thing it is to see Club members' K-series next to MGFs
at displays and events.  The marque marches on and we love it that way.

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS We had 17 (yes, 17) new members join the Club at the last meeting and
at the recent All British Day event, with the MG as the "featured"
marque, the centre field Club display was matched in size by the
'off-field' MG attendance and each more than matched the numbers of any
other marque in attendance.  We welcome as many old and NEW MGs as we
can get.