Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:26:23 -0000
Like I say, the factory V8 was never crash or emissions tested for North
America but it hasn't stopped people there obtaining one and using it on the
public road.

Whilst the MGF was designed before BMW took over, BMW still had to sign-off
production.  One of the main reasons for not marketing it in the USA -
besides the oft-mentioned legal problems - was the lack of investment
necessary to produce the car in the required volumes, both by Mayflower and
Rover.

I suspect the same reasons will be given for any near-future MG.

PaulH.