Re: 1979 MGB Vapor Canister leaking Charcoal

To: 1979mgb@vixa.voyager.net
Subject: Re: 1979 MGB Vapor Canister leaking Charcoal
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 16:25:09 -0500
  The material that held the charcoal in place was a thin circle of some
sort of foam rubber.  Since its purpose is to hold the charcoal in place
and allow air to pass through, I replaced the deteriorated rubber with a
piece of Scotchbrite that I had around the garage. So far, two or three
years, it has worked fine.
Bob