RE: Eng hoist

To: "Larry Pitts" <FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Eng hoist
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:01:11 -0600
I just bought a hoist about 3 weeks ago from Sam's Club.  I looked at Harbor
Freight and some others on the internet, but the one at Sam's was as cheap
as any of them.  It's a 2 ton hoist that folds up pretty small.  Bear in
mind that if the boom extends, which most do, the 2 ton rating is at the
shortest position.  While mine is a 2 ton hoist at the shortest position, at
the longest extension of the boom the weight limit is only 500 pounds.
While the weight limit is least with the boom extended, the reach and height
of lift is the most.

I pretty much limit myself to LBCs, but it's nice to have the extra capacity
if needed, especially at no extra cost.  Also, don't forget to add shipping
if ordering from the internet.  Some of the companies run specials that
includes shipping occasionally, but the hoist I looked at was going to cost
almost $100 in shipping alone.

Hope this helps.

Ken Waringa
'