Re: Eng hoist

To: Bruce Burrows <bburrows@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Eng hoist
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:16:14 -0500
Bruce Burrows wrote:

> --WebTV-Mail-27689-878
>
> Second, for me the casters were an issue.  I actually bought my hoist
> and casters separately.  The rating and quality on the casters which
> came with the hoists I saw was, to me at least, insufficient.  Surface
> is also an issue with casters.  You need to buy the correct casters for
> the surface on which you plan to operate.

I got a good deal on an used engine lift on ebay (it was local).  The
guy had removed the original castors and replaced them with much larger
one.  He said it was to hard to get the lift in and out of the shop since
there was a lip going into the shop.  He had to make some custom brackets
and weld them in place.  Ugly but it works.

Bill Gilroy