Paint code help for Steel Blue on ZB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint code help for Steel Blue on ZB
From: Warren Kring <wkring@home.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 20:37:27 -0400
Does anyone have any suggestions for a color code I could use for Steel
Blue on a 58 Magnette ZB.

The paint shop had a book from 71 with two possible matches.  BU40
Bermuda Blue and BU12 Iris Blue.  The Iris blue is brighter, and looks
close a photo of the car in the book MG saloon cars.  Bermuda blue is
muddier and looks closer to the paint that's left on the car, but I'm
not sure if I'm just seeing old dirty paint.

The paint didn't polish up well enough to get a good reading on a color
analyzer.