RE: Turn Signals Quit

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>,
Subject: RE: Turn Signals Quit
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:17:57 -0500
I've had turn signal problems with both my Midget and my TR6.  After lots of
looking it ended up being the Hazard switch on both cars.  The hazard lights
work off one set of contacts in the switch, the turn signals off another set
of contacts.  The turn signals go through the hazard switch to ensure you
don't have power to both the turn signal circuit and hazard circuit at the
same time.  I ended up putting a jumper across the hazard switch to get my
turn signals to work properly.  If you go this route be sure you never put
the hazards on while the turn signals are on.  I'm the only one driving the
TR6, so I'm not to concerned about it on this car.  On my Midget, I
disconnected the hazard circuit and have the turn signals wired to bypass
the hazard switch.  I'm hoping to take the Midget off the road this fall to
do some much needed work.  One item on the list will be to replace the
hazard switch.  Like I said, to eliminate the hazard switch just put a
jumper on the turn signal wires bypassing the switch.  You'll have to check
your  wiring diagram to be sure which wires it is.  If you have a problem
let me know and I'll look at my wiring diagrams and try to help.  This is my
work email, so If you have problems this weekend send to my home email at:
kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net

Good Luck,

Ken Waringa