Re: obligatory leaks under the dash

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: obligatory leaks under the dash
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:56:01 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/00 3:13:52 PM, Ajhsys@aol.com writes:

<< It's tough to say for sure.  Water has a way of seeping thru any small
opening, then running around, finding the path of least resistance, and
dripping on the most uncomfortable part of your anatomy. >>

Harking back to my 68 B-GT, that darn thing leaked on my accelerator foot
when brand new!  Not much, but enough to irritate.  I wasn't surprised when
my recently-purchase 72 GT did the same driving home last February.
Do not forget to check the vent drain, often clogged and causing an overflow
into the cockpit.  Also, as has been said, the wiper shafts are a good
conduit.  Loose nuts and/or missing gaskets there will create a leak into the
cockpit and on to the wiper motor, disabling that until it dries out.  Also,
check for holes on a sunny day from the cockpit looking out with hood open,
or on a dark night/dark garage with a light in the footwells.
Finally, the windshield is a minefield of hidden leak possibilities.  Good
luck with that.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66 Mustang (leaked around the windshield--fixed by bedding and glazing
compound )