Re: obligatory leaks under the dash

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: obligatory leaks under the dash
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 05:08:50 EDT
Yesterday we had heavy rain around Chicago.  I commute about 35 Mi each way,
often in the MGB.  This is the first time for a long drive in heavy rain.  Py
new top which I installed myself last fall did great, finally no overhead
leaks.  The under dash leak peed on my leg but also brought on a new problem.
 The turn signals began to malfunction.  The right would come on but not
flash, the left flashed more rapidly and the indicator is dim.  After a while
it got more complex and with the same apparent evidence on the dash the radio
began to blink when the turn signal was on.  To complicate it even more after
any sharp turn which caused the car to lean it would work for a short time
then the same malfunctions.  This leads me to believe either that the problen
is related to water, probably from the leak on my leg, puddling and effecting
the electricals or the car is posessed by demonds.  I think I'll try an
exorcisim.  It'll be easier than tracing the leak/elect. problem.
What sage advise do you all have?
George
'76 MGB driver