Re: obligatory leaks under the dash

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: obligatory leaks under the dash
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:40:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/00 11:24:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

<< FYI - My Midget leaks in a similar location - I found it to be the
 windscreen seal. Too much trouble to replace for the amount of the leak.
 How can I tell you may ask. After all there is no soft top on this car. -
 I found the leak several years ago, when there was a top. ;-) >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You don't have to remove the windscreen to fix that one, Larry.  Just do what
a DPO would do.  Get some silicone bathtub caulk (the white stuff works well)
and seal all around the rubber gasket.  Then, to give the job a professional
finish, cover the seal with nicely trimmed duct tape.  If the leak persists,
do the same on the inside.

:-)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward