Re: obligatory leaks under the dash

To: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Subject: Re: obligatory leaks under the dash
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:56:48 -0400
Jones, Mark wrote:

> Hi Allan;
>
> You mention about the leaks under dash onto your feet and those of a
> passenger.  Do you have any idea as the where it may be coming from?  I have
> the same thing with my GT and have not yet investigated closely where it is
> coning from but I'm guessing it is coming in around the wiper pivot mounts.
> What do you think?
>
> Mark Jones
> 73 MGB GT
Mark

Don't know if you are aware of the tube which runs from the bottom of
the air intake (just in front of the outer side of the windscreen) - at
the end of the tube is a bulb which gets packed with dirt and leaves and
eventually clogs up completely.  This will force water into the cockpit
area.  Get under the car (properly supported on stands or ramps) and
clean out the bulb and the tubing.  It fixed the leaks in my GT.

Rick

74 BGT (daily driver)