RE: Final bugs before inspection

To: geoffeg@sloth.org, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Final bugs before inspection
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 02:27:27 -0400
It's blinker time again!
Have all contacts checked. If the normal blinkers work on both sides well
and have both the same interval rate, there propably will not be a problem
in the lamp circuitry.
If so - trace the circuit down - check all contacts especially the grounds
and clean these.
If the problem persists also check the lamp units for poor contacts.

When that's solved - check the contacts to and from the hazard flashing
unit.
If the problem persists the hazard unit itself is suspect.
This unit is not the highest quality built. If you're a daredevil on
electrics you might put it on the surgeon table and open it for internal
contact cleaning.

On my '71 BGT cleaning all interconnectors in the flashing circuitry - both
normal and hazard - made this problem disappear.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hans