Re: Final bugs before inspection

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Final bugs before inspection
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 23:38:49 -0700
Geoff,

If your turn signals work properly then the hazard flasher unit is probably
at fault.  You can switch the turn signal unit with the hazard unit to see
if the problem follows the units.  If it does replace the bad unit.  Take
the unit to NAPA or your local auto parts store and see if they can
duplicate it.  The hazard switch is about $7 in the Moss catalog.  The
emergency brake cable is probably frozen in it's protective sheath, mine is
also.  They can be replaced or possibly you can take it apart and grease it.
If you have to go for a safety inspection you will need the e-brake in good
working order.  Mine just doesn't release the brakes when I release the
handle.  I had that problem last time I had to pass an emissions test about
8 years ago in my 72.  However in Oregon the don't give a **** about how
safe your car is only how much junk comes out the exhaust.  As to the
windshield wipers and arms, Moss has them for $10.95 and $16.50 each.  The
arm has a screw that tightens a small metal block against the nut (for lack
of a better work to describe the cylinder that the arm mounts on).  I
believe that the nut is available also, but I haven't tried to remove one so
don't know how hard that would be.
Check out www.mossmotors.com for one of their catalogs if you haven't
already.  You can down load one or just order it.  The down load takes a
long time unless you have a fast Internet connection.

Hope this helps.

Dave 72 B