Re: MGB Heater Water Control Valve - Bad Engineering and Design T O HOT!

To: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Subject: Re: MGB Heater Water Control Valve - Bad Engineering and Design T O HOT!
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:56:02 -0400
Hans,
  Unless the cable is adjusted perfectly, the control knob will not drive
the valve to the full shut-off or the full heater-on positions.
  A seasonal fix for this is to loosen the cable clamp on the valve and
to move the cable so that the valve is fully closed in warm weather.  The
control knob will open the valve to provide some heat if you need it.
Reverse the cable positioning in cold weather, so that the valve is fully
open.
Bob