Re: Ideal MGB Year?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ideal MGB Year?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 10:31:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/03/00 4:50:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> I agree 100%. I have a '62 and a '63 and prefer them to any of the
>  rubber-bumper Bs that I have had in the past. On the other hand, I had a
>  '69 with overdrive and it was excellent too. I put overdrive into the
>  '62 and that makes a lot of difference on the highway!!! Top speed (done
>  once) was around 105 mph.
>
>  But I still prefer my A to any of my Bs!!

Too true, Dave.
I figure I have the best of both camps for long distance touring. I have a 62
Mk 2 MGA deluxe coupe with Dunlop 4 wheel discs and a 3 main MGB engine. No
problem hitting 105 mph without OD, a heck of a lot cooler than a roadster on
hot days, and a heck of a lot drier on wet ones. I've been meaning to get
around to installing the 4.1 diff instead of the 4.3 I use now, less off the
line acceleration (like it matters) and a bit less busy at highway speeds.

Bill S.