Re: MGAs/MGBs

To: jello@ida.net
Subject: Re: MGAs/MGBs
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:39:10 -0500

On Mon, 05 Jun 2000 19:20:39 -0600 Phil Bates <jello@ida.net> writes:
> Maybe I have to get my gas pedal mechanism straightened out
> somewhere.  I have
> plenty of room for my left leg (left hand drive car), and can get it
> comfortable, but my right leg is always bent awkwardly - usually the
> knee
> touches the tunnel, the heel is in the middle of the floor, and the
> toe runs the
> gas.  The A is also a much noisier car than the B, but then the B
> has overdrive.
>
> Like I said, I like them both.  I like the A's performance, and the
> B's comfort.

I replaced my stock MGA rubber pedal cover with a Paddy Hopkirk metal
pedal from Moss.  You'll notice that the stock rubber cover is quite
thick and brings the face of the pedal forward of the plane of the brake
and clutch pedal.  I found it impossible to toe-heel downshift with the
stock cover because of the difference.  I'm not sure if replacing the
stock cover will make a noticeable difference in stretching your leg a
little bit, but you can try just removing it to see.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD