Re: Loose Distributor - help

To: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>,
Subject: Re: Loose Distributor - help
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:40:44 -0700
There is another possibility that no one has mentioned as yet, which is
that you collapsed the lower portion of the distributor housing by
overtightening the clamp. This sounds drastic, but it is not uncommon, as
the aluminum is very thin where the clamp attaches (poor original
design). You should remove the distributor entirely to check this. If it
is cracked, there probably is nothing to do but find a new distributor,
either a used housing if your other components are in good shape, or a
new replacement. I suppose you could try to get creative with JB Weld to
fix the old one, but who knows how well it would hold up? Mine not only
had a crack, but a bent shaft, so I replaced it. Good luck.

Jones, Mark had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149