Re: Wire wheel rear end

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheel rear end
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:29:54 +0609
David Councill wrote:

> And wire wheels are not a PITA if they are maintained. Just be sure
> to keep the splines greased or you will pay later in much pain.
>
> I much prefer them to the rostyle wheels.

Well, wire wheels and I have a love hate relationship thing going.  I
love wires and even bought a new set to replace the set which was
growing broken spokes at a furious rate... the first broken spoke on the
new set sent me to Rostyle land.

If you are going to do silly things and push your car really hard, then
I say go Rostyle (or stay Rostyle).  Otherwise, grab those wires and
enjoy the "look" - they really complete a nice sports car.

But hey, EVERYONE knows how *I* feel about wire wheels (and I miss them
terribly).

Eric
'68MGB MkII