Re: Pos to neg

To: barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: Re: Pos to neg
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:55:06 -0500

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:16:32 -0500 Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
writes:

> The largest part of the job is turning the batteries (or battery)
> around
> and reconnecting the heavy cables.  The positive post is larger than
> the
> negative post.  For two 6-volt batteries you just reverse the center
> cable.
>  At the (negative) earth side you can buy a new ground cable from
> your
> local cheap parts place for a few bucks.  For the hot cable you can
> buy a
> bolt-on cable end connector, for which I recommend the type with the
> large
> set screw rather than the one with the thin cross bar and two small
> bolts.

Note that if you don't turn the battery around and just switch the
cables, the positive terminal will be awfully close to the cross-bar and
can short to it rather easily.  Either you should turn the battery around
as Barney suggests or insulate the portion of the crossbar near the
terminal.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII