Re: the passing of american mechanics

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: the passing of american mechanics
From: "Diane S." <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:33:19 -0700
thanks for the responses, I forgot to say that in a large number of places I
go for things, outside of my favorite foreign auto parts store, they look at
the car and say
"what make is it ?" I tell them it's a mgb. then they say, what's the model
? again, I say "mgb",  in most cases they are staring at the emblem on the
trunk or the front bumper. I'm almost tempted to say 'miata', it's a '77
miata.

I'm changing the oil myself right now.

I'm sure that if I drove in with a super snipe they would be totally
dumbfounded.

thanks, Diane