Re: Rover woes (TR aside)

To: kchronister@earthlink.net, mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover woes (TR aside)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:34:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/00 5:47:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kchronister@earthlink.net writes:

<< Exactly. Everyone talks about the "wedge" and trashes the design in the
same
 breath. I truly don't feel it's the wedge shape that is aesthetically
 "yucky" about the TR-7, but the coupe roofline and above-the-door treatment
 in general. Definitely agree the roadster is vastly prettier (but I'd say
 that about almost any roadster vs. coupe: MGA, XKE by way of example... now
 I'm in for it). >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For me, it wasn't so much the look of the outside of the coupe as it is the
lack of room inside.  The TR-7 has a wide center console and low roofline.  A
BGT OTOH has a much bigger interior space.  If I were to own a 2-seater for
any reason (Oops!, I do!), it should be a roadster, or, what's the point?
(Direct quote from that German engineer, Clause Trofobik.)

Plus, by the time the TR-7 came out, BL was using cheeep plastic liberally.
I doubt that it held up very well, and it is probably a pain to fix and
expensive to replace.

This is only my opinion and not from actual experience.  My last TR was a
TR-4A IRS and it had a real wood dash.  (Shoulda never sold it!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport