Re: My First Post, LBC, and...Problem.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My First Post, LBC, and...Problem.
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:51:15 -0600 (MDT)
They sure look like HS4s except the linkage and hoses are done differently
than on my two 71Bs.  David came up with a good starting point IMO but the
problem also sounds  al lot like my worn throttle shaft problem.  I don't
know of a good way to check the trottle shafts but they would work fine
much of the time but occasionally (usually when it was imprortant to get
somewhere) they would leak and the car would run horriblely. For some
reason they would loose their seal occasionally and would alow far too
much O2 in for the ammount of gas that the car was suppost to be sending.
The only solution for this is to have the holes for the shaft bored and
sleeved. This applies to HS4s, I can't speak for anything else.  Perhaps
someone will suggest a way to test for this.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT ever so slowly turning into a V8
'63 Buick 215

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari