Re: My First Post, LBC, and...Problem.

To: "George Cahlik" <styloroc2000@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My First Post, LBC, and...Problem.
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:34:38 +0100
Hooray for Barney.  Surely raw fuel coming out of the canister *must* be
caused by the float valves stuck open, which will also raise the level of
fuel in the jets giving a rich mixture?  Two problems, one cause - or
possibly two causes if both float valves are stuck - possibly by debris
stirred up by the, erm, stick-shift novice.

How many springs have you got in the area of the carb linkages?  I don't
know the Midget but on my MGB there are three on the throttle (one on each
cam and one on the cable clamp) and one on the choke cable clamp.  I can't
see one on the choke in your picture.

PaulH.