RE: Negative A-arms

To: "Don Collins" <decolins@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: Negative A-arms
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:26:22 -0700
Hi Guys
Picking up on this thread from both Don and Charley. The A  arms are a
fundamental part of the steering geometry. The factory settings are arranged
to account for low road noise, reasonable handling, light steering and
decent tire life along with a whole host of other issues. The use of these
arms will change all that, and as Don says you will get more road noise, but
tire wear WILL also increase, if tire wear is not increased then you are not
driving the car hard enough where the negative arms are being used anyway!
<grin>
The handling will also be better than stock when the car is used hard. This
is I think the point at issue here. I like the negative A arm set up, and I
am about to fit a set this very day. I will use these arms on the street as
well as the track, but I do also understand and know the consequences of the
use of these arms.

What do you other guys think?

Regards
John J Black