Re: rear end shims/clunk

To: "Diane S." <cessna@speakeasy.org>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear end shims/clunk
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 09:27:14 -0700
Yes, Di, the carrier comes out pretty much the way you described in your
first post. I don't know if the procedure is posted anywhere but it might
even be in the Shop Manual, I suppose. The trickiest part is finding a long
enough thin punch to drive out the pin that keeps the spider gear shaft
located in the housing. We use a length of 1/8" welding rod.

Feel free to ask me specific procedural questions, if you like, when you get
started on the job.

Cheers,

Lawrie
BSC