Re: rear end shims/clunk

To: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear end shims/clunk
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:37:59 -0700
Well, Steve, there's amateurs and then there's amateurs {G}

The job is very straightforward, requires no special tools other than a
strong, long 1/8" punch and a socket set with adequate strength to undo nuts
that hold the diff unit inside the cage at about 85 ft. lbs of torque. After
that, it's simply a matter of disassembling, cleaning, replacing worn parts
with new ones, and carefully reassembling. Is this something your definition
of an amateur can do?

Lawrie
BSC